Need to shake up your daily coffee routine? Well, here’s an interesting combo you might not have tried yet . . . . Coca-Cola, cold brew coffee, and a shot of vanilla flavoring. Seriously! It’s really good. I tried it last week at a local coffee shop and was surprised at how tasty it was. All you need is 2-3 oz of strong cold brew, a can of coke, and a dash of vanilla – and you’ve got yourself one heck of a DIY coffee soda. Try it! You may have noticed that we’re experimenting with different and new sections in Creative Brew these last few weeks – we’re aiming to provide creator news and other resources that we hope will be helpful to you! If you have any feedback you’d like to share, feel free to shoot us an email or let us know in the Discord!
Creator worth knowing ✨
3D motion art is an incredible medium that we’ve seen grow and mature over the last decade. We’re in that era where “digital video” frames make a lot of sense – especially to display art like this piece Reef by Fabian Aerts. It’s a minuteish clip of underwater scenes – jellyfish, fantastical creatures, and gently swaying choral.
The amount of detail in every plant and creature is breathtaking – there’s many frames you could pause for an uncanny valley effect. Is it real or digital? This is the kind of detail you put into something if you’re really driven. Fabian created the piece as “an ode to Nature and the wonders that surround it” and I believe it perfectly conveys his passion. Click the link below to watch the video – I bet you’ll end up watching it at least twice!
Creator Economy News 🎙️
- Shopify has now incorporated affiliate marketing directly into its platform – and creator applications are now open! Read more about it.
- Instagram is beginning to add more functionality to its maps, with guides of tagged locations, popular spots, and more. Check it out.
- Another media player is selling! Axios is selling to Cox Enterprises for $525 Million. Axios has gained a lot of traction over the past 5 years with its digestible bullet point style content – and its finally paid off. Read the news.
Inspiration this week 🔭
- Getting cracked was the best thing that ever happened
- Moonpong is the trippiest game I’ve ever seen
- 26 hand drawn letters, 26 cute personalities
- The incredible detail to lighting here is beautiful
Tools this week 🔧
- Embed + customize a Stripe checkout form directly on your website with Priceblocs
- Canva now has a whiteboard tool – and it’s collaborative too!
- Test out those fancy website colors right in your browser
- Don’t put it off! Get up and running with your personal website in just a few hours.
- Great writing goes a long way, but you need PRETTY PICTURES. Start catching eyes
- Start setting up a powerful dashboard with this react template.
Closer Look at the Creator Economy 🔬
- There’s a great deal of opportunity for Creators to adapt and thrive – despite the struggle bus economy. Here’s why.
- TikTok has eliminated the line between creator and consumer – especially with the popularity of duets. In just a few years, it has become the most powerful video content platform on the planet. The data is crazy.
David’s Take 📝
We’re in that era where everyone with a brand (personal or professional) needs to maintain a website, some kind of social media presence, and ideally, some kind of video presence on TikTok/Youtube. The next addition looks to be podcasting! “Podcasts speak to a new generation of consumers who have become saturated by the hard sell and wise to branded hijacks of their (counter)culture.” (source) It’s also perceived as a value add to the listener, rather than a hard sell. For example – If Coca-Cola created a dramatic podcast with Troy Baker exploring the history of soda – it’d be much more intriguing than some Instagram or Facebook posts! It wouldn’t be an ad per se – but it’d still build brand trust and rapport with you. “Branded podcasts deliver real authenticity when they are audience-focused. What feels more authentic than a brand going to a lot of effort to try and not sell you anything?” (source) It’s a really interesting idea to explore. In a world where anyone can start podcasting within 10 minutes of signing up for Anchor and setting up a mic – does it make sense to add podcasting to your brand? Does it add any value to your audience?
Dall-e Prompt 🤖
What can Dall-e create for us today? Today’s prompt is “a cartoon render of a floating fortress forest on the clouds, with Lord of the Rings style architecture.”
That’s all for this week!
Tell your friends 💌
Creative Brew grows through word of mouth. If you enjoyed this issue, consider sharing us with others who you think would enjoy it as well. It would mean a ton!