Did you hear that sound? The coffee is brewing, and it sounds like there’s enough for one good cup. Ah yes, the first cup. It’s always the best cup – except maybe that late night shot of espresso when you’re cranking out the last few hours of a project. Well, pour the cup and pull up a chair – because we’ve got some really cool finds to check out this week. Thanks for your feedback last week! If you didn’t get a chance to check out last week’s issue – we changed up a few sections based on community feedback. Feel free to send us an email if you have any additional thoughts. 🙂 We’ve started a TikTok account to share cool tools and other resources – and you’ll get to see Chris’s lovely face every week. Follow at the link!
Sponsored friend of Creative Brew*
Creator worth knowing ✨
It’s still crazy to think about, but we’re living in a cultural golden age when it comes to anime. There’s thousands of talented creators working on awesome art out there – and Mingdosa has some really great illustrations.
I’ve always been a fan of crisp linework, and this piece is a fantastic example. From her hair to the clouds outside, there’s a ton of rich detail. There’s even the glint of the sun on the driver’s side – and all the shadows you’d expect. It’s very well done! Don’t miss out on checking out Mingdosa’s other artwork. There’s a ton of great stuff!
Inspiration this week 🔭
- This instrument is proof of unbridled creativity
- Seriously, these AI generated rooms look beautiful and SO green
- Sometimes you just need a shiba to get through it
- The Vortex is an incredible interactive exhibit
Tools this week 🔧
- Take those SVG’s and add some fun little animation effects with Crayon.
- Create your own personal search engine for your awesome internet finds, all in your personal cache
- Instead of tedious hours of work, remove silence from your videos with just a simple click using Recut.
- Desk Notes explores writing, travel, and literature—Read a new issue every Friday.
- A website that can do anything you want, without coding. Create yours today
- Great writing goes a long way, but you need PRETTY PICTURES. Start catching eyes
Creations you HAVE to see 💎
The final quest is here. Scale the whale, and fight the final boss in the shrine
I don’t know about you, but I want to be on her side
There’s no snakes on the train, just sick beats
- Online Engineer at Ubisoft – See the listing
- Photographer at GoDaddy – See the listing
- Animator at Turtle Rock Studios – See the listing
David’s Hot Take 🌶
What was the last website you truly went WOW at? This portfolio by Daniel Spatzek is a mindbending experiment in web design. From brutalist fonts to 3D floating bananas, there’s a ton of really fun stuff to explore. There’s even a fullscreen popup if you turn your attention away from the site, promising that there’s a hidden section. (I haven’t found it. Let me know if you do). The really cool part is that Daniel utilizes a ton of traditional portfolio design elements (FAQ, process, previous work) in unexpected ways. You need to check it out! If there’s anything we can count on as creators building websites – it’s that people crave the unexpected, like Daniel’s site or this portfolio from product creators Fromscout. It’s an interactive 3D exploration of the eight products they’ve created so far. On a typical site, we may read one or two – than move on, but on this website – exploring every one is a delightful scroll of 3D wonder. Fromscout and Daniel’s websites encourage the user to spend a ton of time on them – and maybe even take action. What tech company wouldn’t want Daniel’s web design skills, or check out at least one of Fromscout’s cool products? The sites sell the visitor on “awe” value alone. How can you strike awe and action into your website visitor?
That’s all for this week!
Tell your friends 💌
Creative Brew grows through word of mouth. If you enjoyed this issue, consider sharing us with your others who you think would enjoy it as well. It would mean a ton!
Grow your audience, sell more, and learn from successful creators.
Creative Brew is developing a separate premium newsletter for those excited about creator marketing and growth.
Be the first to get updates! Join the waitlist now.