AROUND THE BREW ☕️
Have you had your daily dose of the brew yet this morning? I recently pulled out my little coffee bean grinder – and the coffee has been EXTRA good. If you’re looking to mix up your morning coffee routine – start grinding your own beans. It’s a lot of fun – and you get the delicious aroma of ground beans too. Have you gotten a chance to check out all the entries in our last Creative Brew Contest? We’ve received so many awesome entries for the “Midnight Moments” theme – including art, music, and short films! Thank you to everyone who’s submitted an entry – you’ve all worked so hard! 😄 You still have a little bit of time to vote on your favorite entry for each category . . . head to the Events channel and vote! We’ve also got a fun question in the newsletter chat we’d love to hear from you. What dessert is a must get from your area? Let us know!
Sponsored friend of Creative Brew*
A DASH OF SUGAR 🍬
- Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform for building all kinds of experiences on – from games to VR, home models, and more! Now you can share those experiences directly in your browser – no downloads required. Make.live is a very powerful plugin that allows you to upload your Unreal projects to its servers for browser side deployment. With this power – comes a cost ranging from three to four cents a minute. Make sure you explore their Community page to see the available projects. Check it out!
- Sharing passwords, API keys, and other sensitive data always comes with a bit of concern. Will my account get hacked? Sendsecure.ly is a free tool for sharing information over encrypted links. Once someone opens the link you share, it’s gone forever. You can also set the link to expire after a certain amount of time too! It’s available on Github – so you can doublecheck the code if you’d like. Check it out!
- Resumes are one of the most difficult parts of getting a new job. What do I write? Which factors do I highlight? The Rezi AI editor is a really nifty AI tool that’ll help you rewrite bullet points for your accomplishments. With one click of a button, you’ll have new ideas on how to phrase your experience! Take hours of your life back from the void of staring at your resume. Check it out.
- Design and collaborate in real time with your friends. Visily is an AI powered design tool made for teams, and is currently free while in beta. You can generate mockup themes from keywords, use lots of predesigned components, and convert hand drawn sketches into high fidelity mockups! There’s a ton of reallllly cool features in this tool. Check it out.
- It can be difficult to manage Gmail, Slack, Notion, Google Calendar, and all our other day to day tools in separate tabs and apps. Mindmesh is a virtual desk that can connect many of these tools into one cohesive hub. Save your time and energy by working on everything in one place! Check it out.
- Your website is just a template and a few edits away. Create your site today.
- Design the website of your dreams with Webflow. Make those dreams reality.
- Take those hard earned skills and turn them into income. Sell a course with Teachable.
A BIT OF CREAM 🥛
The Rabbit Preist is on the hunt for the Holy Grail, with his friendly mice sailors. Will he be successful? Who knows! I’m struck by the delightful style of the rabbit and the mice. So cute. While we’re taking a look at cute animals, check out this whimsical selection of sketches, and maybe listen to some nature inspired binaural sounds. Have you ever seen Kelly Heaton’s Circuit Garden? It’s a public art installation that generates nature inspired sounds and is probably one of the most creative uses of sound that I’ve seen in a work of art. Nature provides a lot of inspiration for us – from the crashing of waves to the sound of thunder – so turn it into music with Kia’s movement sound instrument. If you don’t have time to play with it – at least listen to this awesome demo track. Ok – now that we’ve got a great nature vibe going – let’s go down the valley into this Death Stranded inspired landscape. I don’t know about you – but I could be convinced that some of these screenshots were from real life. Now that we’ve danced with almost photo real video game environments, let’s mess around with the world of stickmen. Got a few minutes? Play this fun drawing game and help the stickman on his adventure.
THE BEANS 🌱
- Get a deeper understanding of harmony, triads, and chords
- Learn all about 4D shapes and how they work
- Discover the best kind of watercolor brushes to use
- Create a vaporwave style city in Procreate
- Animator at Maxis (Electronic Arts)- See the listing
- Lead Game Designer at Mythical Games – See the listing
- Concept Artist at Netflix- See the listing
Remember that marvelous 3D website we explored a few weeks ago – the one by Bruno Simon? Designer Anderson Mancini created his very own 3D website after following Bruno’s course – and designed this very cool interactive Windfall site. It runs very smoothly – with a really fun night mode. He details the project in a very insightful article – including how he was able to make the site perform on mobile AND smart watches. Here is a key element that we always need to watch when we’re creating something awesome. How does my website/design/app/game perform on all the main platforms? We always need to optimize for the most important viewing experiences – or we risk losing some of our audience. Anderson provides a free boiler plate for creating your own Three.js experience. It’s a great resource for exploring how you could add interactive Three.js experiences to your project. Can you add cool interactive elements with Three.js without sacrificing speed and efficiency? What kind of awesome things can you create? Here’s another cool world to explore. If you can – see how smoothly it works on PC and your phone. It’s incredible!