AROUND THE BREW ☕️
Get your pens, pencils, DAW’s, and laptops ready! We’ll be announcing the new Creative Brew contest in just a few days. Ready to roll up your sleeves and show off your skills? We can’t wait to see what you come up with! There’s been a lot of cool projects popping up in the Discord recently. Check out this awesome landscape by kerb23, or this really epic Blender animation by Eevee Rookie. Need some jams to go along with that morning brew? Check out this sick track by no. It’s sure to put a pep in your step! We’ll be discussing another topic this week in the Brew – so don’t forget to hop on in to join the conversation. See you there!
Sponsored friend of Creative Brew*
A DASH OF SUGAR 🍬
- Turn your traffic into a responsive audience with this free little feedback widget. One of the most difficult challenges that creators face is trying to figure out what resonates with people on their website/blog. Did you like reading this? Would you buy that? Etc. Feedback Fin is free, open source, and easy to install. Start getting feedback today! Check it out.
- Do you struggle with sorting through your images, videos, and 3D files? Without a strict folder system – sorting files can be a very difficult task – especially with 3D files. How in the world do I know I have the right size tree? With PhotoInsight, you can visualize and sort all those digital assets. Get complex by sorting by keywords, dates, and view by specific properties. Check it out.
- Start creating in 3D today. 3D Slash is a really neat tool for creating in 3D without watching 10 hours of tutorials. Heck – you don’t even have to download anything. You can build right in your browser! Start with a simple building – then work your way up to creating a room. It’s a really fun tool to experiment with 3D design before getting into more advanced platforms like Blender. Check it out.
- Getting the right pose when drawing a character can be a real challenge. With JustSketchMe, you can arrange characters on a 3D space, modifying their poses to fit the needs of your scene. Even if you don’t have a PC handy, you can easily download an app to your IOS or Android device so you can pose on the go! Check it out.
- Letterpad is a minimalist Blog CMS that feels a lot like Ghost or Medium – but solely focused on the writing experience. Only want to write a post here and there? You can add static pages (about, contact) to your site as well. It’s completely open source too! You can use Letterpad on their platform, or host it on your own server. Check it out.
- Create and sell online courses Start with Teachable.
- Your website is just a template and a few edits away. Create your site today.
- Want to sell shirts or hoodies with your designs on them? Society 6 is the way to go. Start selling now.
A BIT OF CREAM 🥛
Let’s take a trip to the city of the future – and hop on into our virtual art studio. Don’t worry! It’s not a long trip – just a walk over to the Oculus. I’m not sure when VR painting will take off, but this app Painting VR portrays a very fascinating blend between real and digital art. In all honesty – this preview is one of the coolest and most practical VR apps I’ve seen in the space. Interested? Read this little interview with the creator. After that little painting sesh, get outside and breathe some fresh air – maybe even play a live set in the mountains. Who doesn’t want to listen to Chill Electronica in the great outdoors? There may even be a chance to see the legendary Foxowl. After that long hike, sit back and check out this isometric reimagination of Elden Ring, or make some fun pixel art with a friend!
THE BEANS 🌱
- Learn how to make an animated cute coffee cup in Blender
- Take your chord stabs to the next level for your tracks
- Turn your flat drawing into a 3D drawing with this tutorial
- Discover how to make a realistic ocean in UE4
- Graphic Designer at Underdog Games – See the listing
- Associate Animator at Playstation – See the listing
- Senior 3D Designer at Spline – See the listing
Solo game developers are incredible. From story to level design, creating 3D assets, and everything in between – creating a game is a massive undertaking. Depending on the game – you combine dozens of different skills into one cohesive narrative. Back in the 90’s Chris Sawyer wowed the world with Rollercoaster Tycoon. Did you ever play it as a kid? It was a fantastic game – and Chris built it all on his own. He even had two laptops – one for coding, and one for testing. Not to mention – he coded it in the very complicated language Assembly! Fast forwarding about two decades – the game Bright Memory is a 3D fast paced action shooter. It looks like it was made by a sizeable gaming studio with seven figure budgets – but was created by one person, Zeng Xiancheng. Zeng cranked out his game by harnessing the power and assets available in Unreal Engine 4 – and proved just how epic Unreal can be! Chris and Zeng are testimonies to what can be accomplished if you set your mind to a goal – and pursue it relentlessly. What goal are you pursuing? How can the work you are doing take you to your goal?