AROUND THE BREW ☕
Sharpen your pencils, prep those brushes, load those DAW’s and get out the cameras – we’ve got another contest here at Creative Brew, and we can’t WAIT to see what you come up with. The theme is A Spark of Life – and you are welcome to create in any medium you’d like. You have until 10 PM PST on March 27 to submit an entry (collaborations are welcome) in the events channel within the Creative Brew Discord. If you receive the most upvotes and win for a particular category – you will be featured on our showcase channel, website, and right here in the newsletter. What does A Spark of Life inspire you to create? Go to your place of inspiration – whether it’s a cup of coffee, a garden, or that really cool workspace – and get creating. 🔥 Looking forward to seeing your submissions! Ready. Start. Sip a Brew . . . and create! Head to the Discord to check out the rest of the rules in our events channel.
Sponsored friend of Creative Brew*
A DASH OF SUGAR 🍬
- Figjam is now available for the iPad. This intuitive app is perfect for sketching ideas and outlines – whether you’re creating a new website or you’re trying to create some word bubbles for your novel. Combine story and character illustration for that story mockup, or simply use a Figjam space as a place to think out loud. You can easily invite others to your space and work together too! Check it out.
- Add simple and free analytics to your website or app with TelemetryDeck. Privacy conscious by design, this lightweight tracking software will allow you to gain valuable insights from web traffic without identifying your users. From live analytics to the ability to create custom signals, there’s a wide variety of useful analytic insights to learn from. Check it out.
- Experiment with different beats in the brand new Roland 50 beatmaker studio. Choose from the SH-101, TB-303, and TR-808 – all inspired by Roland’s legendary hardware. Based on the website layout, it looks like they plan to add more sound boards to the website. Make a sick beat, record it, and export that track straight to an MP4. There’s even a really fun little vinyl animation if you decide to share a link to your creation. Check it out.
- It’s always nice to digest and process a article by underlining, and highlighting. Unfortunately, without the use of additional software – it can’t be done in the typical browser environment. With Smort, all you need to do is add smort.io/ before any link – and it automatically creates a minimalist version of the article that you can highlight and underline. You can even share the links with others too! Check it out.
- Love it or hate it, TikTok is the best social media to get free traffic and impressions from new users. All it takes is a few good videos to blow up your brand, commissions, song, or app. This useful website tracks top songs, sounds, and users from the platform. It’s a great place to see what’s trending – and how you can hop onboard. Check it out.
- New to building websites? Carrd is a fantastic choice. Create your site today.
- Want to build a website that’ll blow away any visitor? Go to WebFlow.
- From shirts to pillows, Society 6 can help you sell them to your audience. Start selling now.
A BIT OF CREAM 🥛
Ever wished your apartment/house was super aestheticc? 3D designs like Peter Tarka’s Apartments always make me want to start moving furniture. So now that you’re inspired to change up your living room, what about raising money and making friends with architects to make a park like this? This magma inspired park in China is gorgeous and looks SO much fun. So much better than staring at screens all day. Well – now that I’ve got you wanting to go outside, hang out in a little digital room and listen to lofi in a LifeAt Space. Use the space for video chat with your friends, or for your daily todo list. After you crank out those todo’s – sit back and relax with this digital fidget spinner, or explore the world of Voxels in Veloren. Maybe you’d even prefer to play with your work – like adding this playable 3D mario to your Blender project to explore the terrain.
THE BEANS 🌱
- Learn how to create your very own font in Fontself
- Create your very own trap beat in LMMS
- Overcome the blank canvas with this fantastic pep talk and demo
- Memorize this quick export shortcut for Adobe Premiere Pro
- Multimodal UX Designer at Amazon – See the listing
- Game Programmer Internship at Epic – See the listing
- Technical Content Writer at Metamask – See the listing
Have you ever encountered something so awe inspiring it messed with your perspective of the world? That’s how I feel every time i read about one of those 2D cafes. Have you ever heard of them? They look like something straight out of a cartoon – but tangible. Here – check out the pictures in this article. Just like a Borderlands cosplay, they force the mind to render something from the digital world in real life. It leaves a deep – and lasting impression. The magic of the 2D cafe is that it forces the viewer to be completely immersed in the experience. Everything is bright white or a strong black line – the only respite is your food or another person. If you ever have the chance to visit one – please do. They’re incredible! So – now take that feeling of awe from looking at the 2D cafe – and see how YOU can translate it to your creative medium. What’s something you can do that blows away the viewer? What little “dash of magic” can you add? A book where you have to rip out pages to solve the mystery? A bass line that’s absolute ear magic? incredible artistic detail? It’s something to think about . . .