Indie Creators are constantly asking themselves,
“When should I hire someone to do this task vs do it myself?”
In fact, on an episode of BrewTalk, that question came up. Go here to listen to the full episode. Otherwise we conveniently put together our thoughts below.
Reasons to Hire:
- Hire if you are getting in your own way
- The right person is available (it’s more about WHO than when)
- If you find yourself working IN the business vs ON the business
Reasons to Do it yourself:
- If it’s something you’ve never done, but is integral to your business or creative process
- You just find the task annoying, but it’s not getting in the way of your most important tasks
- If you are limited on funds (obvious)
- If you plan to hire in the future and want to understand what the role takes
These are just OUR opinions, help us make this recommendation better – when did you hire or decide to do it yourself?